Java Applets: Interactive Programming
- The purpose of this assignment is
- learn drawing techniques on the applet
You have been hired to design a city scape of buildings!
This is a competition! Top city scapes in the class will receive chocolates
(bananas or something for health nuts) and extra credit on this assignment.
Get creative! Here is an example of what you could do.
Grading will be based on adherence to the specifications listed below:
- You must name your file CityScape.java exactly.
- The dimensions of your applet must be at least 500 pixels in each direction and no more than 800 pixels in each direction.
- You must add a comment at the top of your code stating that you are the author,
the date, and the course CS150.
- You must print your last name on top of one of the buildings.
- You must use at least three different colors (you can pick the colors).
- You must color in the background - do not use
instead, use fillRect and fill the entire dimensions of your applet before you start drawing.
- You may choose to draw the one that I created, or create your own.
- You must use each of the following methods at least once
You may also use drawString and drawImage if you like.
- drawArc or fillArc
- drawRect or fillRect
- drawOval or fillOval as a circle
- drawOval or fillOval as an ellipse (non-circle)
- drawPolygon or fillPolygon
The top 3-5 best entries in the class receives an extra credit point,
if and only if they meet the requirements stated above.
Copyright © 2007-
: by E.S.Boese.
All rights reserved.